- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Ranges $15.93 - $19.88
- Posted Date:11/19/2019
- Deadline to Apply:02/15/2020
Thank you for your interest in becoming a career member of the City of Franklin, Division of Fire & EMS.
We are looking to fill up-to 8 career Firefighter/EMTs with preference given to Certified Paramedics or those who are about to complete Paramedic training.
Lateral entry will be considered.
Please review all of the following information carefully.
REQUIRED STEP 1: Application & Written Test
1. GO to www.NationalTestingNetwork.com
2. CLICK Find Jobs
3. SELECT Firefighter Jobs
4. CHOOSE Franklin, Ohio
5. FOLLOW Steps to fill out application AND either Section A* OR B:
a. Schedule a Written Test* (See section C)
b. Submit Test Scores for any test taken as early as February 15, 2019.
c. *Passing Written NTN scores must be submitted by February 15, 2020 to be considered for this eligibility list.
REQUIRED STEP 2: Physical Ability Test
Mark your calendar now! All practice and training sessions will occur at the Franklin Division of Fire & EMS, 45 East 4th Street, Franklin, Ohio 45005.
Note: If you possess a valid CPAT or Firefighter Mile certificate issued no earlier than February 15, 2019 from a licensed CPAT or NTN provider, that certificate will be accepted in lieu of completing the Physical Ability Test.
Franklin Civil Service OFFERS BOTH the, 1) Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) AND the 2) Firefighter Mile Exam. Applicants may take either test. HOWEVER, applicants will ONLY be considered eligible if they successfully complete the CPAT or Firefighter Mile no later than February 15, 2020.
SUMMARY: Applicants SHALL complete an on-line application as described in Step 1, and either 1) submit passing test scores, or achieve passing test scores by February 15, 2020; AND: either submit a valid CPAT or Firefighter Mile certificate or successfully pass either CPAT or the Firefighter Mile by February 15, 2020. Additional information is available below:
Information for both CPAT and Firefighter Mile:
• Applicants who do not possess a valid CPAT or Firefighter Mile certificate may participate in both either the CPAT or Firefighter Mile testing process, however
they are only required to successfully pass one of the testing programs to be considered eligible to advance in the process.
• A photo ID will be required for ALL physical ability testing exams.
• Orientations will be held for both CPAT and FF Mille: It is not necessary to notify us which meeting you wish to attend. Several administrative items will also be reviewed at the introductory meeting
CPAT: Applicants who desire to take the CPAT will have two opportunities to attend a mandatory orientation meeting. Two tracks will be offered (see the table below).
ALL FIREFIGHTER MILE TESTING WILL BE OFFERED ON THE SAME DATES REFLECTED ON THE CPAT SCHEDULE ABOVE.
Applicants successfully completing the Written Exam AND the Physical Ability Test will be placed on the eligibility list in accordance with their scores, to establish a current full-time Firefighter/EMT AND Firefighter/Paramedic eligibility list for the City of Franklin.
EMPLOYMENT BEGINS AS EARLY AS MARCH 11, 2020.
• Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 18 and 40 at the time of appointment.
• Physical Examination: Must meet physical requirements for Firefighter/Paramedic as stipulated by the Ohio Police and Fire Pension Board.
• Psychological Examination: May be required to complete an assessment and evaluation
• Required Certifications: Applicant must possess a certificate under ORC 4765.55 evidencing satisfactory completion of a firefighter training program and a valid certificate issued under ORC 4765.30 to practice as and EMT-basic or an EMT-Paramedic.
Preference in hiring will be given to those persons who are certified as paramedics. Must have valid Ohio Driver’s license.
|YR 2020||STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3||STEP 4||STEP 5||STEP 6||STEP 7||STEP 8|
Based on 53 Hour/Week (Rate x 2753) in addition to other benefits, the city picks-up 10% of the employee’s pension costs.
EOE: Position descriptions are available at the Franklin City Building, 1 Benjamin Franklin Way, Franklin, Ohio or the city website www.franklinohio.org
PLEASE DIRECT QUESTIONS TO ROSS COLUTON RCoulton@FranklinOhio.org.