The Zoning Appeals Board has the authority to hear and decide appeals from decisions made by the Zoning Official or City Engineer under the Unified Development Ordinance; the authority to grant variances; the authority to approve changes in nonconforming uses; and the duty to interpret the Unified Development Ordinance or Zoning Map.
The Zoning Appeals Board was created by the Franklin City Charter and consists of five members, all appointed by Council for four-year terms.
||Mr. McDaniel has served on the Appeals Board since 2014
|Michael Earach||Mr. Earach has served on the Appeals Board since 2010|
|Brian Sleeth||Mr. Sleeth was appointed to the Appeals Board in 2012|
|Bruce Stewart||Mr. Stewart was appointed to the Appeals Board in 2012|
|Tony Trammell||Mr. Trammell has served on the Appeals Board since 2004|
The Zoning Appeals Board meets on an as-needed basis. All meetings are held at the City’s Municipal Building, 1 Benjamin Franklin Way.
- Meeting Schedule
- Past Meetings
- Unified Development Ordinance
- Table of Contents [PDF]
- Chapter 1101: General Provisions [PDF]
- Chapter 1103: Definitions [PDF]
- Chapter 1105: Administration [PDF]
- Chapter 1107: Districts and Land Use Standards [PDF]
- Chapter 1109: Overlay Districts [PDF]
- Chapter 1111: Development Req's and Standards [PDF]
- Chapter 1113: Use Req's and Standards [PDF]
- Chapter 1115: Process and Procedures [PDF]
- Building & Zoning Division