The Law Director for the City of Franklin is appointed by and reports to the City Council. She is the legal advisor, attorney and counsel for the City and all its offices, departments, divisions, boards, and commissions. As such, she represents the City in all civil cases in which it is a party.
The Law Director is also responsible for the preparation of all legislation, subject to the direction of the Council, and the preparation of all contracts and other written instruments in which the City is concerned, and approves the form thereof.
The Law Department is also responsible for the prosecution of all misdemeanor offenses occurring within the City of Franklin. A part-time Prosecutor handles all such criminal matters.
The Law Department consists of the Law Director and City Prosecutor.
Lynnette Dinkler (Acting)
Franklin Administration Building
1 Benjamin Franklin Way
Franklin, Ohio 45005
Steven M. Runge
Franklin Municipal Court
1 Benjamin Franklin Way
Franklin Ohio, 45005
Did You Know
Need an Attorney?
Please be aware that the City’s Law Department cannot provide legal advice to private citizens on private matters. If you have a legal issue and need an attorney, you can contact the Warren County Bar Association to search for attorneys in the Franklin area by clicking here. Lower- income residents of Franklin may be eligible for legal services through the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati. You can find out more by clicking here.
Do You Believe You are the Victim of Predatory Lending?
All lenders are regulated through the Ohio Department of Commerce’s Division of Financial Institutions. Here are some brochures put out by the Ohio Department of Commerce that may be useful:
- What is Predatory Lending? [PDF]
- Predatory Lending: Tricks of the Trade & How to Recognize Them [PDF]
- Tips to Avoid Predatory Lending [PDF]
- Complaint Form [PDF
Please contact the Ohio Department of Commerce’s Office of Consumer Affairs at 1-866-278-0003 if you have further questions or need to file a complaint.
Are You Having Problems with Your Cable Company?
The Ohio Department of Commerce’s Video Service Section regulates cable television providers. Here is some information from the Ohio Department of Commerce that may be useful:
Please contact the Ohio Department of Commerce’s Video Service Section at 1-800-686-7826 if you have further questions or need to file a complaint.
Are You Receiving Unwanted Telemarketing Calls?
You can register your home phone or cell phone number with the National Do not Call Registry by calling 1-888-382-1222 or by visiting www.donotcall.gov.
Have You Been Contacted by a Questionable Charity or Scam? Have You Received an Invoice for a Pledge You Don’t Remember Making?
Unfortunately, there are many scams seeking to take advantage of our community’s generosity. Make sure you ask plenty of questions and review information about the charity before making a donation. Here are some tips to help protect yourself:
- Do not provide bank or credit card information over the phone.
- Do not be enticed to donate based on the promise of prizes, cash awards or sweepstakes.
- Do not give when someone offers to come to your house to personally pick up your donation.
- Do not make a donation when the caller can’t answer questions about the charity.
- Do not make a donation when high-pressure tactics are used.
- Do not make out a check to an individual or give cash. Always make the check out to the name of the charity.
Charitable solicitation in Ohio is regulated by the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Charitable Law Section. You can contact the Section at (614) 466-3181 with any questions. Complaint forms can be filed through the Office’s Help Center at 1-800-282-0515 or online at www.Ohio.AttorneyGeneral.gov.
- Click here to see the Attorney General’s Good Giving Guide
- Click here for a list of FAQs regarding charitable giving
- City of Franklin Police Division
- City of Franklin Fire & EMS Division
- City of Franklin Municipal Court
- City of Franklin Charter [PDF]
- Codified Ordinances
Disclaimer: The Codified Ordinances which may be accessed by the above link do not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the City. Please contact the Clerk of Council to obtain the most current legislation.
- Warren County
- Warren County Children’s Services
- Warren County Clerk of Courts
- Warren County Prosecutor’s Office
- Warren County Sheriff
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio Attorney General
- Ohio Secretary of State
- Ohio Revised Code
- Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- To obtain an unofficial copy of your driving record from the Ohio BMV, click here
These links to third-party sites are provided for convenience only. The City of Franklin does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or security of any of these sites, and expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for them. Such link between the City of Franklin website and a third-party website does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the third party's products, services and/or informational content. The City of Franklin is not responsible for and assumes no liability in relation to any third-party site.