Permits and Applications

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Block Parties

If your neighborhood is planning a block party that requires the closure of any street, sidewalk, or right-way, you will be required to seek a permit for the party. Likewise, if you or your organization plans to hold a parade or assembly, you must first obtain a permit. The permit must be obtained before the block party, parade, or assembly and you must submit your completed application to the City at least 7 days prior to the planned event.

Section 311.10 of the City’s Traffic Code contains the regulations regarding block parties, parades, and assemblies. You can view this Section of the Traffic Code [PDF] here.

Block Party Permit Application [PDF]
Application Fee: None

Parade/Assembly Permit Application [PDF]
Application Fee: None

Indigent Burials

In accordance with Ohio law, the City will pay for the cremation of indigent persons who are unclaimed or who are claimed by indigent loved ones. The deceased must have been a legal resident of the City at the time of death, and if claimed by loved ones, both the deceased and the loved ones must be determined to be indigent. The City will pay for cremation only, and the remains will be released to the family of the deceased. These funds are not supplemental - there can be no funeral expenses and private arrangements cannot be made.

You can review the City’s Indigent Burial Policy [PDF] here. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Clerk of Council, Ms. Khristi Dunn, at (937) 746-9921 ext. 1102, or by email at

Indigent Burial Application [PDF]
Application Fee: None

Secondhand Dealers

Any business engaged in selling, buying, or exchanging secondhand or used goods, or the purchase or sale of precious metals, must have a Secondhand Dealer’s permit. Secondhand dealers are permitted in the C-1, General Commercial District - they are not permitted downtown. All issued secondhand dealers licenses are good until December 31st of each year, and must be renewed annually.

You can review the City’s Secondhand Dealer’s regulations [PDF] here. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the City Manager’s Office at (937) 746-9921, or by e-mail at

Secondhand Dealer’s Permit Application [PDF]
Application Fee: New Application - $100;  Renewal - $50.00

Vendors and Solicitors

The City requires itinerant vendors who are selling items from a vehicle or other temporary structure to first obtain a permit. Likewise, peddlers who go door-to-door selling merchandise or services and solicitors who go door-to-door seeking donations are required to first obtain a permit. If the permit is issued, it or an identification card must be carried and displayed upon request. If peddler or solicitor is going door-to-door as a volunteer on behalf of a recognized chartable or religious organization, a permit is not required, but the organization must register with the City.

Canvassing to disseminate any lawful message without solicitation of funds or donations does not require a permit or registration.

You can review the City’s Peddlers and Solicitors regulations [PDF] here. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the City Manager’s Office at (937) 746-9921, or by e-mail at

Vendor, Peddler & Solicitor Permit Application [PDF] 
Application Fee: $25

Charitable or Religious Organization Registration Form [PDF] 
Application Fee: None

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer